View Single Post
Old 07-12-19, 07:50 AM   #10
Coyote21
Swabbie

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0

@XenoSurf, Can't wait for you new megamod. Until then I'll soldier on (seamen on?) and attempt other fixes and/or learn to use manual TDC.

Quote:
- Auto TDC is crazy simple, too simple to my taste:
lock target, unlock target to get the firing solution into TDC computer, fire torpedo; however you can switch to manual TDC by clicking on the WO near the optics to get away from this arcade play, in which case you have to gather and enter speed, AOB, range, bearing that you can determine in different ways.
This is what makes me think my game might just be bugged. When I lock my target the TDC gets updated but then when I unlock the target, nothing changes, so my torpedos run to where the target was when I fired and always end up going behind my targets.

I'm gonna try uninstall/reinstall SH5 and TWoS and start a new campaign.

Thank you all for advice, at least now I'm reasonably confident that I'm doing it right, the game is just not responding correctly.

On the bright side, I'm also confident I can use manual TDC now with just a little practice. I just hope with practice it becomes easier than enigma decoding which still takes me ages.
Coyote21 is offline   Reply With Quote