Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

27th August

British fall back from St. Quentin.

Battle of Malines ends.

Namur: Last of the forts reduced.

British Marines landed at Ostend, accompanied by R.N.A.S. unit.

First Battle of Lemberg (Galicia) begins.

Lille occupied by German cavalry.

Mezieres occupied by German forces.

Russians capture Halicz and Tarnopol.

Joffre meets with Sir John French, BEF commander, to discuss the situation. The atmosphere is described as tense and uneasy. Language barrier complicates the meeting. French cannot understand English, Field Marshal French hardly any French.

French Prime Minister Viviani reforms the cabinet after three weeks of war.

First attack on Mora (Cameroons).

Ship Losses:

Barley Rig ( United Kingdom): The drifter struck a mine and sank in the North Sea with the loss of five of her nine crew. The survivors were rescued by the trawler St. Clair ( United Kingdom).
HMT Crathie ( Royal Navy): The naval trawler struck a mine and sank in the North Sea 30 nautical miles (56 km) off the mouth of the River Tyne.
Ena ( Norway): The cargo ship struck a mine and sank in the North Sea 30 nautical miles (56 km) off Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom. Her crew were rescued by a Royal Navy torpedo boat.
Gaea ( Denmark): The three-masted schooner struck a mine and sank in the North Sea with the loss of three of her six crew.
Gottfried ( Norway): The cargo ship struck a mine and sank in the North Sea 30 nautical miles (56 km) off Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
HMT Thomas W. Irvin ( Royal Navy): The naval trawler struck a mine and sank with the loss of three of her twelve crew.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote