View Single Post
Old 09-08-08, 05:57 PM   #6
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

To rest your mind Neal, I have 150 trucks staged in Carville LA. I have over 300 trailers loaded with MRE, water, tarps and JFO kits at Carville and Port Allen. I have 5 86000# generators (these can light a small city) and 15 trailers of smaller generators in Carville as well. I have water tankers in position at these locations. It is not potable water. It is used for cleaning up vehicle that catch the mess of it. Water comes in plastic bottles. Carville has turned into a 24/7 operation as of today. These units are helping with the clean up of Gustav. Most of east Louisiana is still without power. Fort Worth is the major distribution center for FEMA. I have been feeding Fort Worth from the other FEMA distribution centers. Moffet Field CA, Fort Gillem GA, Denver CO and Winchester VA. Since Gustav, I have spent at least 18 hours up daily moving relief supplies with my trucks. Today, we moved out the trucks positioned in Richmond VA for Hanna that did not amount to much. But, we were ready. All our attention is on Ike. TX, LA has waived overweight and hours of drive time for my drivers. This is huge when attempting to move a lot in a short time. Short of stopping the storm, I can not do much more. My sister lives in Houston. She will be getting some of this nastiness coming your way. After this is all over, I can re-introduce myself to my wife and kids