View Single Post
Old 12-12-11, 08:26 PM   #44
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
That totally depends on how you set up a scenario. I made a scenario once where you command a regiment very comfortable. Besides that if i am saying battalion i don't automatically mean micromanaging a battalion simultaniously but rather micromanaging a company while the rest is kept in reserve.
Understand that SBP focusses on gunning and commanding from a TC's place, and commanding that single vehicle, or a platoon. That is where it's major competence lies. Everything else, for example that you can also control a whole batallion or more, is luxury and bonus and not the core of what the key customer - the military - wants.

Quote:
I want both.
No way. Not with ArmA, not with VBS, not with SBP.

Quote:
Is 22 the max per dimension or can i also have 44*11, f.e. ?
22 km is the max per dimension. Which by doctrinal ideal provides the front width of more than a division, if I am not mistaken.

Quote:
You don't seem to be able to comprehend what i am talking about. I haven't said to add 30 more buttons but remove 15 of them. So that you have a remote control with 5 buttons that can do the same trick, much easier and much faster. It is meant to optimize away totally superfluouse overhead of editing waypoints.
It seems both the community and the designers are in disagreement with you there. The first does noit demand what you talk about, the latter does not have it on mind by himself.

Quote:
Well apparently i haven't tried SBP yet, perhaps partially i am beating a dead horse here if there are such improvements already. So we have to see first but besides that i have my own agenda, i have my own reasons why i want to play this game, they are certainly different from yours. You don't need to try to convince me to change my expectations cause they won't change. I am merely checking out how close the latest release got to my expectations, nothing more nothing less.
Your expecations are your expectations. I just try to tell you what it is that you get. I do not get anything for convincing you of anything.

Quote:
Oh, you mean you are actually not sure what you are talking about ?
I mean that like everybody else I could make mistakes.