View Single Post
Old 12-12-11, 12:32 AM   #40
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Maybe you just think it too complex. Too much effort for too little gain.
No i simple want to simulate the more subtle aspects of the battlefield no one else seem to think about, in order to make a more complete and versatile experience. I prefer more asymetrical and non-linear scenarios than the usual move from a to b and take that hill or defend that pass or something like that, something like commanding an air borne battalion dropped behind enemy lines and mess up the resupply routes and try to divert as many enemy forces as possible from the front line to releave your own forces and stuff like that, missions where you do not have a frontline and have to depend a lot on stealth, maneuvering, deception, surprizes and ambushes and also electronic warfare. I would like to try something different than the usual linear hammering of the enemy.

Quote:
There is demand for insurgency operations, and so some of the things you may thijunk about are on their list for the next or any of the next releases. The turn towards 3D infantry now is the first step in that evolution, also the ability to play infantry ATGMs now. There are also workaround via conditions to make civilian traffic a bit unpredictable in its inention, I seem to remember. There was a thread on that some weeks ago, but I forgot the details, since I was not overly interested in these things.
I read somewhere that infantry squads can now be split into smaller groups ? Is it possible in the latest release to move only one individual in the squad ?

Oh and btw did the possible theatre size increased in SBP ?

Quote:
Traffic? Well, there are vehicles, civilian ones, even a civilian bus and civilian ambulance now. Ten types all in all, I think. Haven'T played around with them. There are also armed civilian pickups.
So i take from that that i can have neutral traffic in the game then.

Quote:
Each of the tatcical settings for a route define the default layout for speeds and behaviour on that route when adding WPs. But you can - but miust not - manually chnage these settings, both for routes and WPs. Factors to be in fluenced are speeds, behaviour when contact is made, formation.
I know all that.

Quote:
The heading of WPs as a m atter of fact can be chnaged, and very easily.
I know all that but my point was to make it even easier and faster. As fast and easy as possible, what is wrong with that ?

Quote:
You start to become a bit too taste-dependent, eh?
No i just hate bureaucracy, Why should i spend 30 minutes with setting all the waypoints and options if it can be done in 5 minutes instead through simple editor improvements ? Editor ergonomy should fit like a glove, period!

Quote:
I think so,methign was chnaged there now anyhow, I have not tried it yet, but I think you now need to use a key to place a WP. Well, much to be tried out.
Btw is the manual downloadable somewhere before i order that thing ? I would like to see first what's in there.

Quote:
Just curious since you first said you have reisted to the sim so far, but then said what you cannot do with it's editor. Do you own it and have you played it?
No i haven't, that is why i am asking you.

Quote:
I mean there are already over 400 missions both SP and MP available, and regular MP events and several virtual units. After all, SBP is not an editor in the first, but a sim that begs to be played. The editor - is just a tool.
What 400 ? I have to try each of them. Man i can't wait to cross rivers with bridge layers and clear minefields and stuff. I have been waiting for this. Oh btw is it actually possible for the crew of a vehicle to actually disembark and move on foot ? I am tired of loosing my BRDM's just because i took a peek over the hill.

Quote:
P.S.
I realise that you probably meant SB1 when referring to your expereinces with the editor? If yo, do yourself a faqvour, and clean your expectaiton logbook and start new, and get SBP, then see what you get in mission play. It does not compare anymore, it just does not compare.
So you can guarantee me that red and blufor triggers/events are interlockable in SBP ? Have you actually tried the stuff out that you proposed above in response to my complaints ?

Quote:
Note that the price only then is 125 $ when you order the full pack with CD and booklet. You can skip the latter two, just get the software via download and dongle, take the manual as included pdf, and skip the CD option also. That way, it is just 100 dollars (74.88 euros at the time I type this). No shipping costs. While you can download and install immediately, and read the manuals, you need to wait for the delivery of the dongle before you can play, though.
I see that i actually confused dollars with euros that eases the shock a littlebit. Thank's for the clarification.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote