View Single Post
Old 01-19-22, 08:43 AM   #5
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

We have 4 cats that my lady has rescued. The joke in the house is that the cats have a better medical plan than I do. Two of them were brother and sister and I suspect both of them had been abused as kittens. The male had severe separation issues and a non functioning kidney due to injury. He is fine now and happy and no longer has issues when we leave. His other kidney functions fine but he is on a special diet. His sister was mean and vicious but is now the nicest cat around. It took years to get her that way, though.

The other one had a few surgeries and the last one has hyper thyroid ism for which she gets one pill in the morning and another at suppertime. All of them are doing pretty well. Their medical bills and special diets over the course of the year are considerable. At various points during the night, they are bed buddies.

When retirement comes, we have talked of getting a dog. I like West Highland White Terriers but will probably just go to the local dog shelter and get a dog or two ( mutts ) no one wants to give them a chance at a happy life.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 01-22-22 at 01:01 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote