View Single Post
Old 09-12-19, 12:34 PM   #29
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Life as we understand it, bases on a huge variety of preconditions that must be met, and even if all these preconditions are being met, we do not know if this total meeting of needed preconditions alone already would automatically always trigger the forming of "life". We assume it is like this, but that is just our assumption. We can only say that in our small corner of the total universe, at this point of time of the universe's lifespan, all environmental conditions and what it took to allow life, were met. And so it is no surpise that life exiosts in this corner of the universe - and not in another one. Like it is no surprise that all birds have wings and all fishes can breath underwater.

Maybe life indeed is a very rare, if not even unique, exception from the rule of the material universe being lifeless and unaware of itself. Maybe lifelessness is indeed the norm in the universe.

There are two big horrors man must get along with. The first is the chance of meeting alien, foreign life that is totally different than we are and thw life we know. The other horror is to find out that we are indeed the only ones. And I dare not to judge which one is the bigger horror of the two.

Science cannot deal with the question of "Why?". It deals with the question of "How?". And for the question of "Why?", in the end we have no method to come to an answer or preliminary conclusion, and we have nothing that gives us answers. We shoudkl have the greatness to qdmit that we simp0ly do not kinow, and maybe cannot know. Religions simply sooth the worried mind like a drug would do, by raising claims and illusions - unproven and untestable these claims get raised again and again, and blindly believing them is declared a moral virtue, a "strong faith". But it just is hear-say. Believing is not knowing, but like a child takes comfort from a lifeless teddybear in its arms, many people take comfort from believing in a set of religous claims. Its irrational - still it may be necessary for mental and psychological hygiene and to avoid threating levels of troubled mind, and existential fear. Watch a child sleeping with its favourite cloth pet in its arms - and then tell me the teddybear is useless! It isn't. Although it is just a lifeless teddybear.

We do not know why the universe is there, and where it came from and where it goes at the very end. For us, a concept of there being no start or end, even makes no sense, is unthinkable. The real question to me here is not so much why things are like they are , but the real quesiton is: why is there anything in the first? Why isn'T there simply nothing? Why isn'T there just the total absence of anything?

I doubt that the way the human mind works and is designed to function, it can ever hope to grasp an answer, for it may be so much beyond its reach that we can never hope to reach and understand it. If we woujld, we would no longer be humans, but supoerhuman. Beyond human, that is. Here is where the meaning of Nietzsche's superhumanm must be sought for. We are talking about transformation here. Transcendence, if oyu want. Which can only be had at the cost of goiung beyiond what makes us a "human", an "ego", an "I".

Take your life for what it is. Try to enjoy it. Do not to others what you would not want to be done to you. Live every day as if it were your last. Do not crave for death, but then also do not fear and endlessly try to evade it, for you cannot succeed there. Don't seek salvation in transitory things, see them as coming in and going out pleasures only. If something happens and comes to you, greet it, and if it goes again, farewell it. I think that is all meaning of life there ever will be. I am quite stoic there, I think.

And if one thinks about it - thats quite a lot already.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-12-19 at 12:47 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote