View Single Post
Old 05-19-19, 07:42 AM   #9
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

If you're overwriting one save game repeatedly, need to break that habit. Quickest way to (1) corrupt a save game file and (2) leave yourself with no backup is to save over a previous save without changing the name.

What most do is save as 1patrol1, 1patrol2, 1patrol3, and so on, sometimes adding onto the same number with 1patrol3a, 1patrol3b, and so on when you're doing a lengthy and complicated end-around with the same convoy.

Second patrol 2patrol1, 2patrol2, etc, and when you get a lot of saves go back and delete all the even numbers from the first patrol, or all but the first and last, whatever.

If you do it that way and the latest save crashes due to too much data or whatever, you can restart in the middle of the patrol and head back to base from there.

Tired of the long slog back and forth, this might help;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5477

Changes the starting base for Pearl campaigns to a secret base near Japan.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing, although sometimes you have to cut back;

This is the first day of the second patrol, haven't left the entrance to Manila Bay yet and I have 6 merchants, 25 warships, 414,000 tons sunk. As you can see I have two resupply bases near the entrance, which is two too many when it's possible to resupply with torpedoes in the middle of a battle - while submerged even. That alone slows my TC down to jerking and stuttering, the game apparently keeps track of every wreck laying on the bottom in the save games. Gonna have to cut down on the resupply bases before I upload this mod, obviously. Temptation to get more torpedoes and sail back into battle is strong, and being a sinner when tempted I fall.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote