Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooivalk View Post
Thank for the response, I see the scale now

Will you be adding SLBM,s ?

Really looking forward to the next vesrion
Yes, SLBMs will be added eventually. I plan to add more submarines in the future, including missile submarines (which will have both nuclear and conventional missiles).

Quote:
My only question being is there a way to repair items like the diesel generators without having them blow up and kill the guy trying to fix them? The torp fuel tanks do this as well although I can live without those.
The diesel generators should only explode if they are 1) on fire or 2) being run while damaged. But I think there's a bug at the moment causing them to explode more often than they should, including when they're not actually switched on... I'll look into it.
The torp fuel tanks explode if there is a major HTP leak, which is accelerated if the ventilation system in the tank fails. If you order a damage assessment you'll see the status of the ventilation system and the HTP tank - if the HTP tank is damaged, especially more than 50%, it's very risky to attempt repairs. If the HTP tank itself is not damaged there is no immediate risk of explosion and it's safe to attempt repairs (but if the ventilation system is not working, the HTP tank will take slowly damage and eventually fail).

The whole system definitely still needs tweaking balancing, some things happen way too quickly and others happen too slowly. I'm also considering giving more warning before things explode... maybe the object starts flashing and the crewman tries to run away, or something like that. At the moment it's a bit too easy to lose valuable crewmen to seemingly random explosions.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote