View Single Post
Old 09-17-19, 06:58 PM   #126
AzureSkies
Blue Water Dev

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Default WEEKLY UPDATE

Hello, everyone!

Threw yet another little video together. Nothing too flashy, but wanted to show off some of the little details I've improved/added, and the UI interface for issuing attack orders. Custom pointer now shows up in the recordings, too.

There was nothing wrong, per sae, with how older naval strategy/sims handled issuing orders, but I decided I wanted the UI to feel a bit more engaging/immersive than right-clicking drop-down menus, so decided to make something loosely inspired by old control interfaces on systems like the NTDS or fire control computers from the 80s.

Harpoon is listed twice for RGM-84A and RGM-84C variants. Experimenting with different settings for showing weapon names - definitely room for a little improvement there, it's an easy fix.

Select target -> Engage -> All weapons that can engage that type of contact are listed, pick one -> either confirm, or go to Salvo fire and confirm after setting the salvo size.

Only the Metels on the Kara and Harpoons on the Spruance have been modeled so far. There's quite a bit more that's been done also, but none of it is quite ready to show off.

Please feel free to discuss and share thoughts on the system.

There's a lot more improvements in store that I'll keep adding as things move along (there's a few environmental ones I'm particularly looking forward to implementing...), but next week will be another vehicle highlight...

Music by Scott Buckley – www.scottbuckley.com.au, music used under CC BY 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
AzureSkies is offline   Reply With Quote