Old 06-22-20, 04:14 PM   #5494
UKönig
Captain

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by klh View Post
UKönig,
Congratulations on your astounding victory!

Oh, by the way, BdU would like to discuss your pattern of reckless behavior with their very expensive boat.
I could only imagine how many more grey hairs the Admiral or OKM would have, if some of my patrols in game were in fact, real life events.

There's not much left that I'm not afraid to try these days.
I mean, I don't like to engage fighter bombers because they're small, fast and dangerous.
I don't like to engage B24s because they're large, fast, and dangerous.
But PBYs and Short Sunderlands I invite like lambs to slaughter. If I get hit or destroyed by one of them, it's usually because I shot him down, and his flaming wreckage crashes down on top, no doubt the real way several U-boats went missing without a trace.
I worked over a tribal class destroyer a few patrols ago, I think because I hit him from almost 8 km away, and blew off the B turret immediately.
I landed a few more hits to the superstructure, taking out the port side oerlikon and motor launch, along with the forward funnel and his fire control/radar mast.
Then they turned around and headed in my direction distance now 5km and closing.
He fired one round from all his remaining cannons and we crash dived. Coming back to periscope depth, I saw they were confused, and demoralized.
I waited a little bit until he quit the search, and started heading away.
I popped back to the surface, remanned the deck gun, and continued firing. I hit the aft starboard depth charge caster, blowing it off, and put a few holes in the engine room.
He ignored us totally and streamed away at a steady 21 knots. Even though he could go faster, I assumed I had done serious damage to his powerplant, but in the end, I let them get away, to receive a lashing from the Admiralty instead.