View Single Post
Old 02-19-14, 03:03 PM   #255
ohmygollygosh
Watch

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
With my old pc,1 or 2 (can not remember)gb of ram,XP 32bit, never had a problem running fm V1.
With my new pc,6gb win 7 32bit, I can not run fm interiors,any version and as a single mod.
But,how is the division in 2 folders? Just divide x folder and files to one and the rest to the second?

As you said "run fm interiors". It sounds like to me that you have managed to install the mod with JSGME but can't run it. Which isn't quite the same thing as Pathealey2 cunning trick to get his JSGME install deal with a big mod on his machine.

Have you tried using the 4 Gig patch ( sometimes called the 3 Gig patch) in conjunction with the bcedit command? If you have not then your game is still only accessing 2 gb of your available ram.

If you have not. May I suggest you have a look at page 16 in the LSH3_V5.1_Installation_EN.pdf found on the Living Silent Hunter Website.
http://www.lsh3.com/dl/v5/LSH3_V5.1_Installation_EN.pdf

It's a superb guide even if you don't actually use Living Silent Hunter. The only omission in the guide I would add is the method to turn off the switch if you have some problems with other applications.

To disable the 3GB switch:
1) Right-click on the Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu
2) Click Run as Administrator.
3) At the command prompt, enter:
bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa
4) Restart the computer

Also the suggested settings in the guide are to get LSH5 working perfectly. If you really want to max out your mods with say fm interiors and a big chunk of the iambecomelife merchant fleet mod for example. You could try
bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072
I'm using that setting on my Win7 32bit machine at the moment.

I hope I have not got the wrong end of the stick and totally misunderstood your post. Your situation with XP running fm interiors and Win 7 not. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
ohmygollygosh is offline   Reply With Quote