View Single Post
Old 11-29-12, 01:09 PM   #17
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

No problem at all. Most of us love to help!!

One thought, I'd use something other than Operation Monsun to play the American side of play. Yes, both sides are covered within the Silent Hunter 4 game, but Operation Monsun was primarily a German Campaign mod. Playing just the German side, OM and it's many compatible mods are the mods for you.

Playing the American side, I'd choose Optical Targeting Correction (OTC); Run Silent, Run Deep Campaign (RSRDC); Trigger Maru Overhauled (TMO); or Real Fleet Boat (RFB) as optional mods for the stock game. There are combinations of these mods that work together. You'll have to make sure you download the proper versions that work with each other when adding mods together. Although TMO and RFB do not work with each other, at all.

If I were you, I'd play the stock game for awhile. Getting used to the interface and how the American side differs from the German side. Then try one or two of the mods I've mentioned, seeing which particular one you like best, or which combination of mods make for a better play experience.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote