View Single Post
Old 05-21-20, 08:03 PM   #6
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
In SH4 it’s triggered by a radius area, meaning when plane enter a predefined radius, siren yells. In SH3 i don’t know, but maybe same?
Probably like the fanfare music playing when you close dock
I can be wrong but I don't think that answers ArnoldR's question. The fanfare is always playing its music, and we only hear it when we get within its audible radius. Conversely the air raid siren is playing only in ports, and only when enemy aircraft are within port's range, so something must be triggering it.

I don't know how that was done by other modders, but the way I would do it, is creating a land or sea unit (it could be just a dummy unit or be shaped as a building or a siren) and equipping it with a fake AA gun. With the appropriate elevation settings, this gun can be made to only fire against enemies which are high on the sky i.e. planes. Gun and visual sensor range settings will help deciding at which range from this "siren unit" anemy aicraft must be, for it to start shooting at them. At this point, all you have to do is giving this gun a good reserve of invisible dummy shells, and using as muzzle flash effect an invisible effect with the siren loop as its sound source.

Place one or two of these units in each port, and the trick is done
gap is offline   Reply With Quote