View Single Post
Old 01-22-20, 06:21 PM   #20
Boris-Barboris
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I'm currently rounding up the work, dedicated to multi-hydrophone submarines and towed arrays.

Towed array wire tension and drag seems to be properly working, slowing down the sub on full extension. Self-noise is working all-right, image/sound signal mirroring works as expected. I do not plan to simulate focus distortion due to bending, sounds unreasonably hard and there are rumors that modern towed arrays have solved this problem by accounting for their shape during processing. Wire damage due to speed will have to wait until the proper damage system is ready.

TMA UI however needs some work. I have managed to synchronize the trackers of the merged contact so that they generate data samples simultaneously in order to help with triangulation - the thing that I always wanted in DW.
But the overall picture is still too noisy: purple error legs need now to point to ray intersections instead of ray normals. I'll have to tune the visuals/colors to make the picture clearer.

Nevertheless, spherical array + towed array triangulation is already giving good solutions:

Boris-Barboris is offline   Reply With Quote