View Single Post
Old 08-04-20, 01:44 AM   #11
StealthRabbit
Silent Captain

Downloads: 288
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777 View Post
There is one thing you could try if you can get in the right position that is.

If you can find an unarmed Merchant and sail right next to it, the enemy will be reluctant to fire on you because of the merchant.
I found this out by chance, I sailed next to a damaged merchant and the DD's just circled me not firing, I then realised it was because of the merchant.
Again a similar incident, I was playing as a ship and a DD rammed me but got stuck next to me, the DD's again would not fire till the stuck DD eventually separated from me.

Going back to SH2, I once hid right next to a sunken ship, it was in shallow water by the way but the DD's went right by looking for me and I got away, but this was in SH2 so obviously things are slightly different in SH4 but food for thought.

Col.

Nice. Very devious. If I have the opportunity I might try that.

I know in real life wayyy more often then not they would just fire away in the fog of war and all. I know allot of our destroyers accidentally shot up other friendly ships when they where aiming for Jap kamikaze planes that where flying low over the water in and among our ships. I can not even begin to imagine what that was like to see that for the first time. Seeing a Val or Kate, or Zero without any damage or trailing smoke just pushing over and deliberately crashing into an American ship. Then just having to put it out of your mind so you can continue to function.

Unimaginable.

I am very thankful for Americas greatest generation. They are almost all gone now. God Bless Them.