View Single Post
Old 08-18-07, 12:13 AM   #93
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercules
Just one question regarding how you managed to get the course and speed commands working - does it depend on using exactly the formulation you have written (e.g., "heading xx degrees", "heading right xx degrees", "make your speed xx knots"), or is it possible for us to modify these slightly (e.g., "make your course xx degrees", "come right xx degrees", "make turns for xx knots")? There's certainly nothing wrong with the way you've got it now, and I think it's amazing that you've gotten this to work, so I don't want to sound like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I'd love to be able to have alternate ways to say these things too.
You're free to change them, of course man! Open voice_commands.csv with Excel and edit the third column. You can highlight a block of cells and do a search / replace for "heading right" to "make your course" or whatever you want and it will only replace in the selected cells. Hell, you could copy them all to another block of 360 commands and then you'd have both.

Unlike all the other voice commands, you might notice that these 1.) All have the same ID for a particular type (that maps to the dial ID) and B.) The Name (2nd column) is somewhat special. The Name is generally ignored but in this case I needed to actually put the numbers somewhere and this was as good as any. So just be careful copy and pasting so that you retain all of that.

(Note: These CSVs are just text so you could use Notepad if you must, but you'll just have to watch more closely to ensure you don't change anything you don't mean to.)