Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 10-23-18, 03:56 PM   #6668
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
TMO Camera.dat files are not the same as Ultimate's...….there was no intention for Ducimus to make visual measurements accurate in TMO....so he didn't. For instance, the periscope view (a Camera.dat defined view) was changed from Stock just for "cosmetic" reasons....not to measure a meter as a true meter.....a yard as 3 feet, or 36 inches.

If a player uses Auto Targeting as his preferred targeting process....accurate measurement is decided by factors other than what's displayed on the Periscope camera view. However, if you use Manual Targeting, your view of the world needs to be accurate if you expect to measure things with the Stadimeter, or the Telemeter Divisions on the scope lens.
ok....i use auto targeting.
i have noticed in TMO+RSRD that my torpedo hits are almost always aft of the center point of the target. i usually almost always shoot with AOB at 90 +/- 5 degrees. could this be a camera issue?
please keep in mind that my intent was a learn a bit more about the external camera vs the free camera. i am not experiencing a shooting issue but the two topics seem to be related.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote