View Single Post
Old 08-29-08, 03:05 PM   #68
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Hi Air hippo. The realism question is one I ponder too. Because I have found the auto crew to basically suck. As ooposed to what we did in reality in the cold war. Our ability to pick up Soviet boomer was un-paralleled. I cannot get the game to pattern this. Even using the latest and greatest Seawolf. I noticed that these subs cannot adjust trim angle which is vital to get deep fast. However in the 688i game even though I cannot manually adjust the trim angle of the boat the game will produce 30 degree up or down angles. These are without a doubt the best sims for modern subwarefare but personally they do not offer realism in my experience. They based it from Sonalysts and revolved it around sonar. Great if you want to be a sonar tech. But no game offers a real CO experience. Take care and I am sorry to hear about a medical condition. maybe we will make you an honorary submariner. you can still joint the Naval Submarine league which supports our Submarine service and gets in congresses face when need be.
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote