View Single Post
Old 05-12-19, 11:50 AM   #13
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Currently I try to remove a nasty sound problem. Sometimes after loading a save, when clicking on the SH3-style dials or one of the left icons, also when ordering something in the crew icon menu (like getting depth under keel) then the sound will not play (you should hear 'Auftauchen, Grosse Fahrt voraus, etc. to confirm the orders). Saving and reloading the game will fix it, but this is very cumbersome.

I don't know if its' due to some TDW NewUI problems, maybe related to the fact I'm using the SH3-style dials instead of the stock SH5 ones. There is nothing similar found as an issue in the readme files. Or it could have to do with my DBSM sound mod loaded which has no specific Sh.sdl which I needed to remove to make it work, the sh.sdl files is from OHII.

This will unfortunately delay my download package preparation. I intend to make all those mods downloadable which are not available at Subsim.com so everyone could load the mod as for my modlist above.

Thanks very much for anyone having ideas about where this problem could come from, so I can concentrate my research on that.

[EDIT]
This sound problem seems to happen more often when you go immediately in the NavMap after game loads, and using TC to 256 or higher.
So the 'ritual' should always be: first go in some neighbour rooms to fill the game cache, go to bridge, and only then the teleport will fully work and - sound problems seem not to happen. I guess there is very little I can do against, except this 'ritual' .

Greetings,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-12-19 at 04:30 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote