View Single Post
Old 02-08-10, 12:43 PM   #247
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galanti View Post
Participation by a GWX team would be great, but we've got a damned fine supermod in Lurker's Operation Monsun right now. I'm a week into a 1939 patrol in a Type IIC and it's as immersive and detailed as anything I've seen in SH3 yet.

Additional models, texture, realism and authenticity tweaks would always be welcome, but as far as the campaign goes, I defy anyone to beat the detail and scope Lurker has put into creating a 1939-1945 campaign for the U-bootwaffe. And now with conning tower emblems!
I completely agree - Op Monsun is fantastic to play. Lurker has done a wonderful job and kept abreast of the problems with continual updates. The only things I miss are the little things: proper harbor traffic, Kiel Canal stuff (actually WAC is better in that respect, having the historically correct bridges), the K-ships (blimps) and things like that.

The other big thing I miss is what SH3 Commander brings to the table. Those things require a good programmer, and the GWX team had one in Privateer. He was talking about making some of those things happen.