View Single Post
Old 08-23-11, 01:06 AM   #12
aergistal
Chief

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 1

Status update: development snapshot

I went with the KM look and feel and geo-referenced the KM grid map on top of Google Maps. I noticed some errors with the KM map in the Canada - Southampton Island, Hudson Bay area. Either the original map has some errors or the ocean level has raised. Or both.

To enable / disable the grid click on the Planquadrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
would it also be possible (but this is only a dream) connecting a multiplayer game based on this on the fly exchangeable informations while playing the campaign game ?
This was my exactly my original idea for SH4's ComSubPac. I thought of coding an online mission generator, that will allow you to download missions on the fly, based on parameters like orders etc. Maybe someone else can look into it too and lend a hand. I can do standalone coding as well or help port it to a server environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfisch View Post
sounds interesting! any pics?
See the link in this post for a very early version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
There is a command that supposedly let's you spawn units but I never can get it to work. Dan (dev) was supposed to look into it and get back to me but I never heard anything back from him.

He also mentioned that there's possibly another way it can be done (something about the campaign files - editing them while the game is running because they are read when needed) but again he never got back to me.
Do you really have to use a command to spawn units? Maybe we can code our own version of a mission generator that inserts the groups directly into the mission file. I will have to check, but I was pretty sure the mission files are text-based.

The journal map looks very good! Can you overlay the grid and other info like ports etc?

Last edited by aergistal; 08-23-11 at 01:22 AM.
aergistal is offline   Reply With Quote