Old 09-26-22, 06:38 PM   #1225
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless View Post
BH,

I've noticed that ships, cargo and war, traveling off Spain have no flags flying from the mast. Is this intentional? I guessing warships are Spanish and the cargo could be either Spanish or Axis.

I did sink a cargo/passenger ship earlier without a flag flying and it showed up on the Nav map as red and not neutral gray.

For some reason, in spite of proper flags being placed in files, Flags do not always show up on certain ships of nations added. Warship and merchant were likely Spanish.

Spanish are neutral in the mod, but to give the possibility of aggressive action by supposed neutral vessels, I have it set so they will change to Axis at then change back to neutral at various times, so one patrol they may act in hostile manner, next will ignore. Up to the player to attack or not but if risk it, could sink a neutral and lose renown, even face dismissal.

Seems the vessel you sunk (likely spanish) was not neutral at the time, lucky. lol

According to various patrol reports I read while researching for the mod, SubRon 50 boats would encounter many (hundreds in some cases) of vessels while on patrol, many they suspected to be German but because could not identify, were unable to attack.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote