View Single Post
Old 02-17-22, 06:48 PM   #535
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless View Post
Anchorage and Alaska is expensive. I lived in North Pole outside of Fairbanks. Only visited ANC for either VA stuff and a friends wedding. I would have LOVED to visit Attu and Kiska, but the logistics of it was crazy. Attu is only reachable by charter boat and it is a long trip. I think it is the same for Kiska, but not sure. Anyway you have to check with NPS and USCG before hand.

I never saw anything other than fishing boats on my way out of DUT. Flash traffic reported the attack on DUT but I didn't see any IJN TFs. Maybe I wasn't out far enough.

---------

an observation

I get an instant reply from HQ when I do a position report. I could have sworn in the stock game there was a delay in the reply. Is there a way to add a delay of atleast 30min - 1 hour for the reply? That would may it more realistic.

Yep, working the details out, red tape and logistics for the visit, my friend is handling it for most part since his territory up there lol but updates me just about daily. I believe it will be worth it.

May have not been far enough out to locate the carrier force. Tough to find such units at times, esp without radar. In the upcoming version, lookouts have better vision. Tired of crew only being able to see targets at 6 miles when can see a ship and smoke on horizon, masts much further on clear day. Definitely improves things prior to SJ radar
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote