View Single Post
Old 11-26-13, 06:09 PM   #88
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I use a Ferrari 430 wheel with 240° hardware rotation.

I set that number manually in the options, therefore.

When trying the setup magician, it's automatic calibration led to a value of 245° also.

I use no hardware setup software for this wheel, but mapped the commands to its buttons directly from the sim. It's no HOTAS, and much more comfortable this way, since the number of key commands is very limited.

It is my understanding that you should not need to change that setting for every car, though it can (or should) be that there is a regular mechanical option for that in the box setup menu, like you have in formula 1 cars for example (what is it called like? steering lock, or something like that). In the sim'S generla menu, that setting is a principle hardware recognition value that you should need to adjust just once. The sim should over- or undercompensate hardware input according to the car's feature all by itself, depending on that value you entered.

when I turn my wheel and watch the virtual wheel moving, same hardware angle therefore translates into various virtual wheel angles indeed. In the P4/5, I have the 400° rotation that car should have only when it sits still, and when I turn the full 120° of the hardware wheel. As soon as it drives slowly, the driver turns the wheel by estimated 60° maximum, again with my hardware wheel turne3d to the maximum 120°.

I just cannot get around the corner in turn 15, even when I crawl. Some other turns the car can take - but merely so.

The Zonda or BMW-GT2 bite those tight turns and hairpins easily - at much higher speed. The P4/5 fails to take turns even at Mugello for me.

No other car gives me this problem. I m ean, some are difficult to turn, but that can be explained as obvious understeer effects.