View Single Post
Old 11-26-13, 04:39 PM   #85
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

http://www.bsimracing.com/assetto-co...-preview/#2123

Kunos Simulazioni showed screenshots confirming that they are implementing NEW car body shaders As if I could have imagined the cars to be able to look any better! Car reflections in various times of day get improved.

It is also confirmed they plan to release the next update, which should push it to version 0.3 then I think, on Friday, Decembre 6th.

Question for those who have tried the P4/5 Competizione:

(which in reality has a regular street license in the US and thus drives with a number plate from the state of New York ) - I do not know anything about these car classes, and this car, but I witness the virtual driver showing very little arms movement in the car even at slow speeds and in 2nd and 1st. This leads to the car having a huge turn radius, forbidding it for at least one of the tracks, Vallelunga, because it cannot manage to take the 15th turn there, which is the tightest of the whole track. Is this as designed, does this car need track with wide turns and is forbidden with others - or is it having a problem with accepting steering input from my steering wheel which works perfectly with the other cars, I point out).? I am irritated that the virtual driver has so little movement in his arms in this car. I asked in the Kunos forums, but got no consistent replies. There others reported difficulties at Mugello, and that the car does not turn well there, too, especially when being not fast enough and looses mechanical grip due to lacking downforce. However, my virtual driver should at least nevertheless turn the wheel to the maximum he can - and the the rest is understeer effect and the car not turning due to understeer. But if the driver does not turn the wheel, it is no understeer effect, obviously. - Try it yourself in an unmodified P4/5, at Vallelunga, and report what you get at the hairpin, turn 15. Your nose should bite into the grass wall almost every time. Realistic with that kind of car?

Last edited by Skybird; 11-26-13 at 04:50 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote