View Single Post
Old 11-22-13, 08:02 PM   #77
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Only little issue that angers me a bit is that they have prevented the lap-inavlaidator workaround to work. I can edit both race.cfg files in MyDocuemnts and in Steam's application folder to "-1" when checking againm after having launched the game, they both are back to "2". So they have made the penalty model that in the community'S opinion is the worst of all possibilities the mandatory one. First really bad choice of theirs.
Alt-Tab out the game, set it to -1 and go back in. Worked for me but I didn't restart the game. I agree it's a bad choice on their part.

Quote:
The Lotus car - like the other two modern Lotusses, I will not become close friend with this one.
It's perfect for the drift circuit, I know you're not a drifting fan (and not being Japanese or a Saudi nor am I) but it's what's expected in a modern car game.

Quote:
The two other real fast new cars are great, on the other hand. So are the imroved FFB effects and new paint jobs on many cars. Why they killed some of the old ones, escapes me, however. Maybe, hopefully just temporary.
I haven't seen all the other cars yet, just the new ones and the Lotus (no change) and black E30/92s.

Quote:
The drift circus I could live without. Drift stunts just are not my cup of tea.
It suckered me in. I tried it and then got hooked on the 'I could obviously do a better score than that'. And I did. The only downside is the lack of definition of the track - there's turns everywhere but no set route.

Quote:
But Mugello - that is a darling track, really. Fantastic job they did there, absolutely outstanding. The laser scanning pays off, you feel every hole and every bump there. I compared it to videos from real time onboard footage - they marked all visual details right on target sites. I now can just dream of Spa and Nürburg.

Awesome simulation. Best driving feeling and car immersion there is.
Spa and Nordshleife are the two everyone wants (and I want Circuit de la Sarthe (le Mans)). If they are making people (who don't buy now) buy Spa then Nordshleife will definitely be DLC and not bundled with original game, but a DLC well worth it I think.