View Single Post
Old 03-01-09, 02:53 PM   #17
Lurchi
Planesman

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

Train sucks - and if you are more relaxed in it much depends on your own personality.

I took enough trains to be cured for the rest of my life. I prefer a car with music and air conditioning. The ride from Hamburg to Copenhagen via train takes about 8 hours - good night then. I calculate 7 hours from Wilhelmhaven to Kopenhagen with a car ... and this is double the distance Hamburg-Copenhagen.

With a train you also still have a problem to reach Laboe, so additional costs for taxi or bus. Then you also have to go back to Kiel to board the train again. Now, if you want to visit Laboe before the meet in Kopenhagen, then taking the train makes no sense to me. You may consider the train going back to Hamburg though - after the meeting.

If you fill all places in a car it is also cheaper than train and the Autobahnen in the north aren't so crowded anyway if you manage to get past Hamburg ...

Visiting Lübeck is an option on the way back but i personally would prefer to miss it and take the long way through Denmark instead across the Belt Bridges to see more of its countryside ...
Lurchi is offline   Reply With Quote