Uploads: 14

TorpX for Modder of the Year
OP: Feb, 2014
TorpX
Topic: [WIP] Improved Ship Physics
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211235

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
As a serious SH player, problems with the game physics have always bothered me. I've been goofing around with some of the game files (the boat sim files), and have made what I consider a minor, but significant breakthrough. I couldn't really see anyway to improve the ship physics before now. (Of course, this doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of obstacles to realistic physics remaining.)

Now that I understand the sim file elements better, I am starting serious work on a mod for RFB that will improve ship acceleration, turning, and any other aspects that can be helped within this part of the game.

My intention is to finish a mod for the player subs in the near future, and later, if possible, one for the IJ/Allied ships. The chief difficulty in the later is, apart from the number of ships, the difficulty of testing them. Without having playable ships that have a helm, knotmeter and all, I'm not sure how best to go about this.

Also, I have little data as to what the turning radii, of WWII subs and ships should be. If anyone has any information along these lines please don't hesitate to contribute.

TorpX
I nominate TorpX for 'Modder of the Year' because of his perseverance, attention to detail, and fearlessness, when jumping 'over the edge' to learn new things in solving the numerous problems that he has encountered while making ISP.

What started out as a WIP to 1.0 has turned into an enormous, and after release of 2.0, ongoing, Work - In - Progress - toward 2.?.

Almost 8,000 views of ISP from 1.0 to 2.? shows that this mod & topic and the release of 2.? has wide appeal.