View Single Post
Old 02-19-22, 01:22 PM   #9
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieLyons View Post
In the spirit of this thread (having hijacked it to ask questions about minefields and anti-sub nets!), here's my current campaign:

USS Nautilus - departed Pearl Harbor on 9 Dec 1941, bound for Hiroshima, Japan, to reconnoitre its harbour. (Nice and easy one to start the war with, then!)

Used ahead full to expedite the passage to Midway to refuel. Currently en-route to Japanese home waters at ahead standard, making good progress in fair weather. No ship or air contacts for days; currently north of Marcus Island, about halfway to our destination. Current date is 16 Dec 1941.

Yikes lol I would just ignore that mission as impossible (no sub would have been ordered to do that lol) and conduct patrol in area 7 off bungo suido, sink ships, earn some renown. Unfortunately last release, I did not make it around to changing up patrol objectives. Upcoming release, this has been done. I have eliminated these hollywoodesque photo missions, photo missions in v2.0 are of a more historical and realistic nature as are all special missions. Now more generic, exceedingly boring special assignments. I am currently in the Nautilus myself (Donation Narwhal model, love it) started in Dec 1941, now in June 1944 , based in Australia running supply missions to Philippines, actually been quite enjoyable and challenging. These are part of forthcoming V2.0 of mod.

In fact, I've completely overhauled the orders for variety of patrol assignments/areas for all boats, the language to be more historically accurate (based on actual orders in patrol reports etc have read in research).

Thank you for joining in on the thread though, keep it coming lol. Really hope we can get this going like SH III
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote