Old 02-20-14, 06:58 AM   #72
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I say let Ukraine split in two !

The Eastern industrialized two-thirds of the country are in the hands of Russian-speaking people, plus Crimea that is Russian (now, while it was once Tatar, Ukrainian in no way) would constitute a Russian-speaking state joining the Russian common market.
And Ukrainian nationalists would stay in the western poor rural part of the country, around Lvov, joining the EU (and NATO of course) that is going to indebt it heavily, forcing it to dismiss civil servants and privatize everything, and to sell everything to the big capital, just like in Greece.
I proposed that split earlier, by linking an article arguing for that. But it leaves the Europeans, as you correctly point out, with just another hungry mouth demanding to get fed.

I also wonder why Russia should let go the Western half for nothing, if the Western half could be claimed for free for a Russian Ukraine.

The joke of yesterday was a German SPD clown from the EU parliament, babbling that now would be the right time to go to ol' buddy Putin and start talking with him about how the Ukraine could be made to turn towards the EU. That Putin has completely opposing interests seems to have escaped this brilliant mind. - And such is our political intellgenzia that we are demanded to feed with our hands' work!