View Single Post
Old 01-21-22, 12:16 AM   #15
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Public out cry over a situation which they have little if any knowledge of facts. All they have seen is what the media wants them to see, a single screen shot or the media’s commentary of a video plastered on the front page. That in turn gets a knee jerk reaction by City and Police chief. That in turn only serves to reenforce the public’s idea their assumptions were correct. Now comes the investigation and lawyers who attract the politicians and activists. Investigation finds no reason to charge anyone, troops are reprimanded and transferred. Public grumbles and soon forgets and moves on to next headline.

My take, the young lady for whatever reason physically pulled her sergeant away from the car/suspect. Not sure that was such a smart move. But let’s find out and see what the investigation uncovers. Before we get our panties in a bunch over nothing.

Sounds like "copsplaining". Video is clear, suspect in custody, which none of the other officers were going to spray, Sergeant arrived, can tell was "jacked up", he approaches to spray a suspect in custody, i.e. handcuffed. The female officer saw something wrong and stopped it. Yes, people are accustomed to cops just backing one another up, even when they are wrong. Things are changing and she followed her training as well as moral obligation.

Sergeant committed battery on the female officer, should be charged and fired. Anyone else on video doing such a thing to another person and especially a cop, would be have been arrested already. The department is dragging its feet, this happened in NOVEMBER, it is almost February. Really, does not take this long to investigate something on video, so clear cut. They have withheld the audio, ostensibly because of the "ongoing investigation", but lets be real here, the audio is likely quit damning. When he points at her and say something, I bet his hostile tone, combined with offensive language really is icing on the cake and they don't want to share that until they must.

Those attorneys and activists are why people are aware of this, otherwise would be swept under the rug as happens far too often.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote