Old 02-01-21, 10:29 PM   #2683
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
thank you for that.
i cannot see any issue with a Gato out of Milne Bay in mid 1944. you are able to finish the war at that base, still driving the Gato.
you should have clear sailing...i cannot explain why you lose your base.

as PB suggested in his last, when do you lose during the mission that you notice it? at the beginning of the mission? during the mission?
The first thing I do upon starting a mission is set the gunner to fire at will, set the radar range up one click, set torpedo depth to 10' on all tubes, and then go to the Nav map. There I scribe a 10 NM circle around the Home Base symbol before setting course waypoints for the Navigator. At that point, before I even have a course or set a speed is where I saw the missing tilted anchor. Right at the onset of the patrol. There were no "saves" taken, or Alt/Tab out of the game, since I hadn't moved from the patrol start point. I don't take saves within 100 NM of the base.

I did run the patrol for about 10 days before deciding a continuation was fruitless, since I would never be able to end the patrol.

I ended the patrol by loading a save I took in the Office before requesting the transfer. At that point I took a transfer to Midway, where everything was normal. The Midway base had a tilted anchor, etc. That's why I think there is something, somewhere, related to Milne Bay Advance Base that prevents it being recognized as a home port.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote