Old 05-03-22, 02:07 PM   #1469
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonie View Post
this is weird. on my current patrol (AN81), i was loitering very close to AN73 to poach the cargo ship entering/exiting the english channel. made a few kills. at about 5am one morning detected 2 seperate cargo ship, they were all C3 transport ship, both heading to the channel at fast. I am behind them and there is no time to circle around them to setup a firing position so i decided to quickly deck gun them down before they reach the vicinity of the channel guards.

I sunk them both with deck gun but there was no 'She's going down' announcement both time, map does not show the ship sunk icon as well and most importantly, there were no log entry at the kill count page (k). but their wrecks are still there at the bottom of the shallow sea, masts still protruding.. its just weird.

i did not save&exit game and load before this, the game session was in one seating straight from wilhelmshaven to AN81 without any exit + loading.

Hmmm...

Think I seem to recall, is part of the coding, that some ships, will not be considered sunk til they hit a certain... marker to be recognized as being 'destroyed' to then be registered as being sunk, in your log book... & thereby, be registered as to being tagged on the map, as 'sunk'.

Something to do with... iirc, being below a certain... depth... if I have that rightly.

This is prevalent in SH3, 4... &... I, believe, is also in 5... as well.

Just, as funky... as running across a target, sinking it... getting a bit aways from the deed... & then either, run into the exact same ship... that you just sunk... sort of like a dead zombie copy... that, if you sink it.. will then, NOT register on your log book despite the fact of a sunk ship icon showing on the nav map. Which, can also happen if you get a ways away from a target, save... exit & come back to the game later on & therein, run into that same rom com dead zombie ship... with the same results.. sunk ship icon if you sink 'em, but... no tonnage or having sunk it, registering in your log book.

This, of course... is to do with 4, no idea if that can also occur in 3, much less in 5...

Just know that I have NOT run into it, but... that does not mean, that it CAN'T occur... no idea, either way. *shrug*

Strange, but... sadly... true.

been there, done that...

M. M.