View Single Post
Old 11-29-19, 05:49 AM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Had three Laps on the Nordschleife last night: mutli-class, 100 cars on track. Amazing what can be done with Raceroom. There were some hickups because the stress on my system was increased further by using VR, but it was playable. Usually in VR i do not do more than 60 cars. In fact I stick to 30-40 most of the time. In the small rumble pits of their Swedish tracks, that is enough to have action everywhere.

-----

For those not knowing it: the little mod app Crew Chief can safely be taken as a must-have. The most preciosu functionality it adds is that of a reliable spotter, but it adds tremendously to immersion with so many more messages and options. You get constant messages on events, and times, tehcncial status and more. Voice-recognition available, I think. Originally a Raceroom-exclusive item, it now is available in practically all major sims out there. Really, a must-have. I do not often donate for mod content. For this one, I did, and generously. Spotters may not be realusric in all series, but in PC simming, you suffer from a generla lack of situational awareness, and this app does a superb job in making you aware of what happens around you, in your blind angles. And it is so reliable.

----

Finally, I recommend to plan races with pitstops. The are easy to be switched "on" in the race setup screen, you have to preplan what is to be done in the break however. AC and RR then will open a time window in the middle third of the race, when the cars will pit, you cna oit mor eofteh if oyu want, but yo have to do one itstop in this timewindow to comply with the demanded mandatory one. It can become quite chaotis. I jump the speed limit. I stop to far off the pitstop markers. I mess up reengaing the engine. Or I messed up fuel planning. It all has happend to me, and it added to the hectic and chaos that intense pitting ohases cna mean. Its big fun, and can reshuffle the standings. I always take a deeeeep breath when I have passed my mandatory stop. Becasue it si fun, I plan with pitstops even if setting up a race with only 9 or 12 laps. I dont want to miss the drama!

Last edited by Skybird; 11-29-19 at 06:01 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote