Old 08-05-22, 08:43 AM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyOwO View Post
hey! so i wanna play sh4 with the dark waters mod but it crashes of start when its done loading
does anyone know why or could help me?

Good hunting!

Ahoy, BuffyOwO...

Ok, how about some basic info, to begin with...

like...

1. Where, do you have your copy of SH4 installed...?

2. What Silent Hunter IV, is it... exactly, as there is like... 2, 3 different versions of it... Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific v1.3/v.4, then there is Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions v1.5, of it.

This is very... VERY important, as Operation Monsun: Dark Waters, calls for v1.5, it will NOT work with v1.3/v1.4 of SH IV.

3. Are you using JSGME, to run the mod mix, with... so... an inclusion of what mods you have activated, would be a very BIG piece of info, to include here... as it could be 1 of them out of place... or the inclusion of a mod, NOT designed to be used with OM: DW's... or a mod that is only meant to be used with v1.3/v1.4 SH IV, & will bollux up things with being ran with OM: DW's.

4. Are you running the set up with either... a 4GB patch, or using Large Address Aware. These are means to have SH IV, be assigned by Window's, to have access to 4 gigs of RAM... & needs that to run properly.

NOT that it will entirely stop all CTD's from occurring... but, will significantly help in reducing the causes for it.

You do, realize that there is a main thread , specifically for the mod set, found here, I trust... :

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...43322&page=104

At any rate... the more info you provide, helps to see of narrowing down what could be causing you issues with your mod mix set up, &... this, of course,.. is just the tip of that iceberg...

M. M.