View Single Post
Old 09-10-19, 12:14 AM   #2
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

My family moved to Germany when I was one or two years old and we lived there for about four years. My father used to teach me phrases to say to people when we were out and about. When we came back to the States, I was required to pick a second language to learn as part of my studies. The choices were French, Spanish and German. I think I took a year of French, but decided I would rather learn German. I ended up taking five years of German classes.

Well, my previous exposure to the language must have helped - because my teachers said I had a very good accent. And I ended up in the German honor society. (But I think this was mostly because my teachers liked me. My grades weren't that great and I was always skipping school.) Anyway, fast forward about 25 years and I've forgotten most of what I had learned. I can still speak enough to maybe make my way around if I ever get to visit Germany again (which I would love to do). But I would be hard pressed to talk about anything deeper than the weather or where the nearest restroom is.

I think I might be able to help you out though. I'll PM you with some more information if I can sort something out.