Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 04-24-21, 01:17 AM   #1015
qastokes
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
i cannot help you with this because i use auto-targeting and one of the scopes has a built-in stadimeter. you might want to start out using auto until you learn the ropes and then try your hand at manual targeting.
I played manual with a stadimeter ages ago, I'm rusty as hell but have the jist of the technique. The attack periscope on the IIC/D I'm playing has a angle measure for vertical, so I can in theory range calculate the stadimeter math by hand, but thats no fun. Playing around I think there's a button for it, but it doesn't work? > only works when looking at a target. And the way the stadimeter works is different from what I'm used to. :/
Cant figure out how to use all the tools in the mod yet.
Once I really get it dialed in I may write a manual targeting guide, as none of the guides I've ever read teach it in the way I think it should be understood. I want a manual targeting theory guide, not a manual targeting workflow.
Until then il I'll need to play with KiUB, & hopefully find a guide written to this toolset specifically.

Quote:
i train my crew...and they execute my orders with that training.
it is the way.
I could never trust my crew with such important duties as sending death into the water, moreover I've never gotten good at training them up to do it right!