View Single Post
Old 10-29-14, 07:40 PM   #19
silverware
Nub

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeoff View Post
1. On which submarine(s) is this bug occurring? It's usually caused by an error in the objects.ini file for that particular sub.

2. Thanks for pointing this out, I'll fix it up for the next version. Should be a simple fix by the sounds of things.

3. Yeah, fast travel can basically be used to cheat your way out of a lot of situations currently. It's not real time compression, it just makes you move a lot faster. Currently fast travel is only unavailable if an enemy ship or plane is actively tracking your sub on radar/sonar, but I think I'll change this in the next version - it probably should be unavailable if enemies are nearby at all, regardless whether they have spotted you or not. Eventually I'll implement real time compression hopefully.

4. A* is already used, and the crew should always take the 'safest' path. When evaluating how dangerous a square is they will take into account the depth of water, the proximity and intensity of any fires nearby, and the presence of any objects they would have to climb over/under. They do not take radiation into account because they can't see it. They will not, however, recalculate their route if something changes after they start walking - this should probably be fixed at some point.

Are there any specific examples of poor pathfinding you can remember? The algorithm for evaluating the safety of a square might have some bugs.
1: I remember this happening on the default sub along with the December, although I haven't played in a few weeks.

4: Specifically the December, with it's many routes, I think one side may have had a tiny level of water in it. (less than enough to show up on the main view)
The crew tended to take the longer route from command to engines over a more direct one.
silverware is offline   Reply With Quote