View Single Post
Old 01-10-08, 05:03 PM   #29
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Looks like that manual wasn't "too general" after all. You know more now than you did yesterday.
Once I found the right chapters, it made sense. The chapter that actualy talks about the communication system doesn't say much about the power connections and I assumed that was all the book had to say about it.

Quote:
If you do get them going, start thinking about the plexi glass enclosure. You do not want the visitors screwing up what you just fixed. Plus it is for safety. The inspectors will want to look at it. In fact, they have a check list. Did you guys get a copy of the last inspection?
I know that the part of the switch board with the double-pull throw switches are covered, but we will need to do the same for the other switch panels. Last thing we need is for visitors to energize the radar, if we haven't got it working, yet.

Speaking of radar, our set looks like it may be '50's vintage - it still has to be tuned like an old tube radio, but it looks newer and smaller. Once we get the switch board energized, I'll tickle their ear about getting the radar/motor set working... if it needs any work. It would be cool to track cars going up and down the highway.

As for the inspection list, Rick probably does have the latest and greatest. I'll ask him on Saturday when we have our work detail meeting.
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote