View Single Post
Old 12-04-19, 05:34 PM   #4
Krieg Francis
Medic

Downloads: 226
Uploads: 0

First of all, thank you both for your quick answers
Second of all, I wanted to give props to Fifi for his awesome tweaks on OM!

Third of all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
First of all, at what distance you fire torpedoes?
Usually I take position no more than 2500m from my target on a 90ish angle if I have to catch up with a running convoy.
And you are right, it seems like my speed (4-5 knots duh) is unlocking my scope, which seems more than legit. This might also be a reason for my incorrect calculation, hence I never worried too much about slowing my sub after a Full Stop order. Big mistake apparently.
I have tested this with the torpedo training mission (stationary cargo) and yes, my excessive acceleration caused an overshoot or even a dud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
... and if the seas are rough, you might have to plane up a couple of feet to get your periscope above the waves. You'll need to use the keyboard short-cuts for that. It also potentially (probably) will expose your turm in the wave troughs... if it's too rough, you might have to break-off the attack ("Never!").
This too. I was stalking a merchant in the Channel with very rough seas, which caused some of my torpedoes to go deeper or to malfunction in every way possibile (it's 1939 after all).
Some other ways I had to break the attack as well, because those pesky destroyers have eagle eyes

Thank you both once again for the good tips, it's getting much clearer now!
for SH4
Krieg Francis is offline   Reply With Quote