View Single Post
Old 04-26-19, 03:18 PM   #12
rolandslaw
Bosun

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default Prepared new color disks

I took digital copies of templates for the front and back of the disk stored on a thumb drive to Office Depot. I believe the disks are the front and back of the "Attack Disk". The tech was able to print the individual wheels of the two disks based upon a 200 mm maximum diameter. of the outer wheel of each disk. We printed them in color on heavy gloss white stock. They both came out perfectly. I had the transparencies printed to match the size of the wheels. I printed enough material for 4 disks at a cost of $22.00. I need to do the following: I need to find ,.. I think Home Depot has it... acrylic sheets to stiffen up the transparent items, clear glue and a pin system that will pin the wheels in the center that will not tear the paper wheels. I plan on adding the acrylic sheet to the back of the outer wheel in each disk and glue it to the wheel. Please note I did not cut away the pper from the inside of the wheels...including the outer wheels.... So when I glue the acrylic backing it will stiffen the entire disk therefore it should allow me to pick up the disks and hold in a vertical position. After I complete the task I will post the results on line with required info on diameters of each wheel.

I have a riveting device which I think will lend itself nicely to safely pin the wheels of each disk together in the center and allow free movement ( I need to determine what wheels should be fixed and glue that wheel in place). With the rivet I can secure different lengths and diameter rivets... armed with stainless washers I should be able to secure the wheels in the center without damaging the paper wheels.

I still can not find my first disk I made when I first started playing SH3:<)

Roland/CyStryker

Last edited by rolandslaw; 04-26-19 at 03:28 PM.
rolandslaw is offline   Reply With Quote