View Single Post
Old 04-09-19, 04:38 PM   #6
B4dHorse
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
This is a 'session' based game. It's not intended to be a campaign, with save states etc.

So no time compression.

It's designed, for when you and friends (hopefully) get time - 20mins to 2 hours+ to play a single mission and try and win.

[...]
Well, i kind of agree with you, but at the same time i dont.

You see, the problem is, me and a friend, we already had a few games more than 4-5 hours long... and you just cant find the time to do something like that really often. especially when you cant pause or safe.

Just finding the convoy can take up to 30mins. Then we have to get their course and speed, and overtake them out of sight until we can dive into their path. that again will take up to an hour. And there is absolutly no way to be sure that you will sink enough ships in your first run.

So for me, a mission is at least 2 hours, probably way more when i want to do it perfectly. but if i could jump, or speed up, these extremly long parts of overtaking and lying in wait, well i guess that would be a great improvement for many people.

Or maybe safegames for sessions. I really dont see any reason against saving a session with your friends and continuing it later.

AFAIK they confirmed that there will be special missions and stuff later in development. if these are long and complicated enough i think you should be able to save your game if you want to.

Some people already asked to start and finish their missions in a port. well that wouldnt really make these missions any shorter

So i guess for me, i would be really okay with time compression and i am hoping for savegames to be implemented.
But that doesnt make you wrong in the regard that you still need to take a few hours (with friends) for every session.

Oh and btw, i dont think its "too" complicated to implement. But TBH i have no idea. Maybe the devs can shed some light on this?
B4dHorse is offline   Reply With Quote