View Single Post
Old 07-25-17, 10:10 AM   #175
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamato9 View Post
There is one simple solution which dates back to the C64 era.....Easy, medium, hard. It eliminates strife between casual and hardcore players.

For instance, Il2 sturmovik had a such options that you could set very easy gameplay, or if you wish you could ruin your nerves with realistic plane behavior, no external views, no markers etc...

By my opinion one of most important traits of simulation or any other game is openness and simplicity for modding. SCS software (Euro Truck Simulator series) live from this feature more than a decade now and they have truckload of customers. On other hand King of the road and Rig n Roll were quickly gone to oblivion because poor support and rigidness toward any modding except sounds.
My initial post was in response to someone over at the steam forum that insist on calling CW an arcade game and not a sim. It's just a cautionary tale of what happen when we all insist on the most complex and accurate sims. The Genre needs entry level sims that would attract a new players and CW is a good one as witness by messages from new player with minimal experience asking for help and advice. I just want to make sure that we don't add a lot of complexity without making it optional or through mods.

Difficulty level options helps but some sims are so complex that even that won't help with such a deep learning curve like CMANO which is just not accessible to the casual player. While I appreciate all the effort that made CMANO what it is, it just satisfy the hardcore player group and does nothing to bring in new players.
Wiz33 is offline   Reply With Quote