View Single Post
Old 05-12-19, 04:04 PM   #72
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Good find, catfishk, the first video nicely illustrates the reasons. Pretty much what I said from beginning on, but better explained than I did.

A few additions, the video is a bit unclear there: MCAS is not new with the 737 max only, it is a system that is in use since long time, but for the new engines and changed airframe geometry, it had to be fed with new data and algorithms of course. And this is what had not been sufficnetly communicated by Boeing. - Next, the re-training was kept on low level to avoid new certification procedures that would have costed much more time and thus would have stopped Boei8njg from starting to try catching up with the leading 320 neo. If Boeing would have announced more intenbsive training, it would have admitted by that that the new plane is not so much similiar to the old one as implied, and thus old certifications would not have been carried over to the new plane, but FAA regulations then would have demanded new certification procedures. This time trap was to be avoided by Boeing at all cost, to allow Boeing starting to race after Airbus' 320 Neos earlier. Airbus by that time already had a solid lead in order numbers.

Boeing is system-relevant to the Us economy, too big to fail, and the FAA thus is urged by every government to be closer to Boeing than is reocmendable or could be accpeted if the independence of the authority from Boeing and the givenrment should have any flesh on its bones. This is old critcism, however. But one we will not hear for the last time. Like Airbus before, Boeing also has been found guilty by the WTO's court to have been illegally subsidized. Its a stiff economic compeoition. And Boeing accepoted twice that it woudl cost lives. That,m and only that - not just some stupid Anmtiu-americanism of mine - is the reaosn why I want to see heads rolling. They overplayed their cards, and now over 300 are dead. The decision making ranks responsible for these politlical failures at Boeing have to lose their heads. But due to the extreme closeness between US polticians withg Boeing plants in their states, and Boeing, I do not believe that too much will happen before I actually see it happening. The first disaster was the consequences of too eager politics, but they did not allow to get stopped by it and pulled no consequences - and thats why I rate the second disaster, as multiple slaughter, if not even murder. It could have been prevented if they would have learned form they first crash. They deliberately refused that. And so: lead them to the gallow.