View Single Post
Old 06-04-20, 01:38 PM   #1195
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
In this particular case, I should stipulate that we need all of the details possible. What submarine are you on, and if possible, what ship(s) have you IDd as problematic. I have it thus far down to several of the "Hansa" based ships, plus another that I cannot remember the name of, since I have my notes on the other computer. Also, this is a player-centric issue. Your sonarman will give you at least an initial sonar contact report. You will see the lines on the NavMap, but the props on the ship do not move, and if you fly over to the ship (only close encounters within about 0-2.5nm count), you will not hear an engine sound. If sitting at the sonar station yourself, and you spin the head toward the ship, you will not hear it, and you will not "see" the green "contact" light lit. This is different from the "quiet" contacts of previous fame, where the light would light, but you couldn't hear them (loudly). Our suspicion (s7rikeback and myself) is that the links to the prop and audio were broken somehow - if they ever existed...

Aye, sir.
OK, back to all seriousness.
I am the captain of the (at the time) USS Perch, but now I am the captain of the USS Thresher. I can hear all ships of all kinds when they are dead in the water. I'm not sure about this last part of your question:
Quote:
If sitting at the sonar station yourself, and you spin the head toward the ship, you will not hear it, and you will not "see" the green "contact" light lit. This is different from the "quiet" contacts of previous fame, where the light would light, but you couldn't hear them (loudly). Our suspicion (s7rikeback and myself) is that the links to the prop and audio were broken somehow - if they ever existed...
Maybe I will go back into the game and just sneak into a harbor, not sink any ships, and just listen if I can hear them.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote