Thread: [WIP] Carrier??
View Single Post
Old 06-28-23, 07:16 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by podunkpete View Post
Well, here I am diving to avoid planes again on a regular basis. I'm in LZ4187 which sure seems a long way from land. All the planes seem to come from and return to the SSE. There have been 2 torpedo planes, a dive bomber and a pair of fighters. Plotting their flight paths in a straight line does not intercept Australia. Do hints like this mean a carrier in the area? Or is it just a random roll of the dice by the game? There have been no radio reports of a task force about. I suspect it's a waste of time and fuel heading that way, but could there a carrier lurking about?
just to level set....
you are driving a German Uboat in the Indian Ocean?
and you are playing the Stock SH4 with Uboat Missions V1.5 with no mods?
if the answer is yes to both of those questions, then...yes there are actually three different Allied Carrier Groups patrolling in the general vicinity of LZ4187. two are British and one is American. I cannot give you any additional details because that is CLASSIFIED. I am sure you understand.

more than likely, one of two things happened.
  1. you were seen by an Allied ship (merchie or fishing boat or junk) and your location was radioed to the Coastal Command for the IO.
  2. you were unlucky enough to be overflown by a patrolling a/c.

once you are sighted you will be overflown until you are not sighted for a considerable length of time.

keep at it, Herr Kaleun. You'll get better at it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 06-28-23 at 07:31 PM.
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote