View Single Post
Old 12-15-08, 02:48 PM   #27
CaptHawkeye
Weps

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeriscopeDepth
As I see it, that's the problem with using the HSF too aggressively. The Brits get more reinforcements while you have to make do with what you have. Eventually, once you sacrifice all your pawns (DDs) you will have to sacrifice some BBs/BCs. And you can't afford to lose any of those without being sure of striking a major blow to the British. Have you had any luck with your U-Boats? I plan to start an HSF campaign soon, and will probably do an AAR here when I do. Let us (me) know how your's is going so I may learn from your mistakes.

PD
Yeah, I tried to pursue a "decisive battle" recently and pretty much lost. Using the Zepps I snuck behind Beatty's fleet with the Scouting Force and HSF. Once Jellicoe left him and turned north to Scapa I tried to corner Beatty at Cromarty, but he rushed my line with his light ships and ruined pretty much all of the Scout's DDs and CLs. I managed to get the BCs out in time but Beatty cornered them the next night and sank Moltke. The last 3 escaped and the HSF couldn't pursue Beatty for lack of coal and speed. The Scouting Force is all of 5 ships now. A few DDs, Seydlitz, Vonn, and Lutz. The HSF is intact, but now I have no way to bait or flank any large British Fleet. I haven't lost yet, but i'm on the road to it.

I've opted to use the U-boats and Merchant Raiders more than ever now. It seems to work, i've busted more than 20 merchant ships in 1 month while the allies just got 3. Random minelaying is also messing with the RN's light forces.

Last edited by CaptHawkeye; 12-15-08 at 02:50 PM.
CaptHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote