View Single Post
Old 12-05-21, 05:12 PM   #14
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

It started as a patrol log editor, where you could add things to your patrol log for RP purposes, but then evolved into part memory editor, part mod enabler based on time / RNG, part save editor, part crew management mod.

You could have patrols start at a certain location / time, war patrols end before war end, skins change based on time, e.g. game time was past a certain date and the mod for certain skins would be applied, by sort of automatically JSGMEing it. You could, for example, add random mods to simulate unknown enemy upgrades, to make things interesting, or you could change an interior (for example remove a PPI cabinet if you only had SJ Radar). Of course these mods would need to exist in order to be enabled. It could also make things break to randomly to simulate reliability / sabotage of equipment.

Here's the best explanation of what it does I could find, please ignore any judgements on the author. I never used SH3 commander myself, but a lot of people really liked it:

http://www.donitzeliteflotilla.com/f...sg3703#msg3703

Some of this can be recreated using a memory editor, if you know where the values are stored and many games have pre compiled entries for the various memory debuggers that already exist, e.g. cheat engine, if one were so inclined.