View Single Post
Old 06-28-09, 04:27 PM   #61
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Alright then, modeling issues aside, I've noticed a couple playability problems.

First off, the sonar seems strangely worthless on the couple patrols I've done so far. On more than one occasion I've made visual contact with a moving target with no word from sonar and when I tell him to report contacts he says he's got nothing. On other occasions, however, the sonar works fine and I end up with dozens of contacts out to the advertised ~30 nm radius.

Secondly, acceleration seems a bit sluggish for a boat with 35,000 hp. I know the game engine has a different interpretation of engine power than the rest of us and that might be part of the problem...

Keep up the good work!

PS: Anyone willing to start on a proper control room???
I guess I'll start with the modeling issues first. If someone wants to model the screw after the picture you found I am ok with that and will include and give due credit for it. The fact is, that I personally and legally, am limited in what I put in the mod. Hence I use public sources for references.

Second, the sonar issues. I don't know if its Operator Error (i.e the sonarman on the stack) or if it's the setup that I have for the sonar. So I am looking into that, if you want to look into it as well that's fine just let me know so I can make the correction(s).

Third, boat acceleration. Honestly I feel quite content with the way the boat accelerates. A decently fast increase from 0kts and then gradually getting up to the full 35kts. Trust me on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmerical View Post
ok, I admit it ...Im not worthy!

I still cant seem to find the "change to main engine" button.

Could anyone post a small screenshot for me so I can finaly put this master piece of a sub to work?

Here ya go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
Right now, its still just a bunch of playable nukes
but since I started making them campaignable, there was a big bang of SH4 nuke subs, hence, my sig
I got a new name for you then...RICKOVER!

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote